- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ahead of the series’ debut on Netflix next month, Marvel Entertainment has released a free Jessica Jones digital comic that sees the down-on-her-luck private eye learn about Netflix’s other Marvel hero — Daredevil — for the first time.
The 12-page comic, which is available on ComiXology and Marvel’s own digital comic store, reunites the creative team behind Alias, the 2001 comic book series in which Jessica Jones first appeared, with Powers‘ Brian Michael Bendis writing, Michael Gaydos drawing and David Mack providing cover artwork. On Tumblr, Bendis described the issue as “a big THANK YOU to all of you for your support, excitement and enthusiasm for Jessica and everything else.”
The issue offers the first real chance to see Jones — played by Krysten Ritter in the Netflix series — in action, following a series of teaser trailers released to date (see below), and brings the character face to face with Turk, a criminal who appeared in Netflix’s Daredevil, only for him to spill the beans about the costumed hero trying to clean up Hell’s Kitchen.
Jessica Jones, which also stars Mike Colter, Rachael Taylor, Carrie-Anne Moss and David Tennant, debuts on Netflix Nov. 20.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Last of Us
Tyler James Williams
The Duffer Brothers
Robert De Niro