- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Marvel’s Luke Cage has found its boss.
Cheo Hodari Coker will serve as showrunner for the Marvel/Netflix series, which is set to premiere in 2016. He will also pen the series’ first two episodes, Marvel.com announced Tuesday.
Luke Cage stars The Good Wife and The Following alum Mike Colter as the superhero, who will first make his debut in a recurring role opposite Krysten Ritter in Jessica Jones — the second of four Marvel dramas Netflix picked up straight to series in November 2013. Colter will eventually team up for the miniseries The Defenders with Daredevil‘s Charlie Cox, Ritter and the uncast star of Iron Fist.
Read more Get to Know Marvel’s ‘Defenders’
Coker recently served as co-executive producer on season two of Showtime’s Ray Donovan. His credits also include serving as a supervising producer on the fourth season of SouthLAnd. He earned a screenwriting credit for the 2009 feature Notorious.
In the comics, Luke Cage debuted in June 1972’s Luke Cage, Hero for Hire. He was an ex-con who gained superhuman powers through prison experiments. In more recent comics, he started a relationship with Jessica Jones, became an Avenger, and eventually led the Thunderbolts.
Daredevil premieres April 10, and Jessica Jones is set to debut later this year.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day