- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The veteran ballroom dancer and longtime fan favorite, who left in early 2015, returns this summer to fill the slot vacated by her onetime replacement Paula Abdul.
“I am thrilled that Mary will return to So You Think You Can Dance and I’m sure the fans will be, as well,” said executive producer and judge Nigel Lythgoe. “She brings an energy and enthusiasm that’s contagious, and I can’t wait for her to join me on the judging panel. I’ve got a pair of earplugs ready, and another for our third resident judge, as well.”
Murphy joins Lythgoe, returning host Cat Deeley and a yet-to-be-named third judge. Her addition comes on the eve of auditions for the summer season. Casting gets underway Saturday, March 4, in New York — before auditions in Los Angeles later in the month.
As for Abdul, she’s not suffering any lack of projects since departing So You Think You Can Dance. The famed choreographer and former American Idol judge recently booked an NBC comedy pilot.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day