- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jimmy Kimmel’s star-studded throw-down with Matt Damon brought in boosted ratings for the ABC host.
In its third week airing at 11:35 p.m., Jimmy Kimmel hit a new high in households (2.92 rating) in Nielsen’s Metered Market ratings. The broadcast topped both NBC’s Tonight Show with Jay Leno and CBS’ Late Show with David Letterman.
The episode, which included a long-awaited visit from Damon — as well as guest appearances from Andy Garcia, Robin Williams, Sarah Silverman and Ben Affleck — came on the heels of Kimmel’s years-long “feud” with the actor. ABC announced Friday that it would give the episode an encore in primetime on Tuesday, Jan. 29, at 10 p.m.
In the targeted adults 18-49 demographic, Kimmel neared a time slot high with a 1.23 adults rating — his second best performance in the demo yet. Kimmel topped Leno (0.76) by 62 percent and Letterman (0.56) by 120 percent.
Kimmel’s second week in the 11:35 time slot retained 91 percent of its premiere week’s overall audience, and continues to lead Letterman in the adults 18-49 demo.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Fien Print
The Last of Us
Tyler James Williams