- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Writer Matt McConkey has sold a pitch titled Spinning to Pop TV.
The logline of the project is being kept under wraps and is only described as a dark comedy, which is something in McConkey’s wheelhouse. He recently finished writing on the premiere season of Heathers for Paramount Network. He also recently sold Unsend to Comedy Central Snapchat with Paul Scheer producing.
Overseeing Spinning at Pop TV is Justin Rosenblatt, executive vp original programming.
McConkey’s other credits include staff writing gigs on Bajillion Dollar Propertie$ for Seeso and Paramount TV, and co-hosting the Earwolf podcast Homophilia with Dave Holmes. A graduate of NYU’s Tisch School of the Arts, he’s repped by CAA, Gotham Group and attorney David Matlof at Hirsch Wallerstein Hayum Matlof & Fishman.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
Christina Ricci Says She Was Threatened With Lawsuit Over Declining to Do a Sex Scene in a “Certain Way”
Jason Sudeikis, ‘Ted Lasso’ Cast Promote Mental Health Awareness at White House With Surprise Appearance by Trent Crimm Actor
‘Vanderpump Rules’ Trailer Shows Tom Sandoval and Ariana Madix’s Tense Post-Scandal Sit-Down
‘Yellowjackets’ Creators Get Real on Season 2 Pressure, Showtime Tumult and Spinoffs: “We Have a Couple of Ideas”