- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NBC’s Good Girls has cast one of its good guys.
Matthew Lillard has been tapped to co-star in the drama pilot from Shondaland grad Jenna Bans, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The project explores what happens when three “good girl” suburban wives and mothers suddenly find themselves in desperate circumstances — they decide to stop playing it safe, and risk everything to take their power back.
Lillard will play Dean, the husband to star Kathleen Rose Perkins‘ Beth. He’s a father of four and car dealer who is jovial and a bit of a blowhard. He’s also having an affair with the star of one of his dealership commercials and has no idea what his wife is capable of.
Lillard joins a cast that also includes Manny Montana and Reno Wilson.
Good Girls marks Lillard’s latest TV role following The Bridge, State of Affairs and Halt and Catch Fire. On the feature side, his credits include She’s All That, Summer Catch and Scream. The actor is repped by Paradigm and Silver Linking Entertainment.
Bans will pen the script and executive produce the Universal Television drama.