- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
While Jason Sudeikis has signed on for a new recurring role on HBO’s Eastbound & Down, there are a few familiar faces returning to the fold as well.
The Hollywood Reporter confirms that Matthew McConaughey will be back for what may be the final season of the hit show. Reps also confirm that the story will circle back to Will Ferrell’s character, Ashley Schaeffer.
Executive producer Ferrell previously appeared twice during the first season in a blond, feathered wig for his role as the BMW salesman. As for McConaughey, he guest starred just once during season two as the openly gay Texas scout, Roy McDaniel.
Season two left Kenny Powers (Danny McBride) to deal with impending fatherhood as love interest April Buchanon (Katy Mixon) announced her pregnancy. The show shoots this summer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Next Big Thing
The Morning Show
The Late Show