- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Maya Rudolph‘s bank of impressions: Beyonce, Donatella Versace, Oprah Winfrey and, as of Monday night, Rachel Dolezal.
The actress joined her fellow Saturday Night Live alum on Late Night With Seth Meyers to promote her IFC miniseries, The Spoils Before Dying, and revealed the fact that she’s been asked “on a daily basis” for a take on Dolezal, who has resigned from her post as NAACP chapter president amid controversy claiming that she is a white woman pretending to be black.
“People are like, ‘Oh, it’s too bad you haven’t been on SNL since 2007! You have to play this lady!’ ” said Rudolph. “I gotta say, the whole thing is very fascinating to me.”
She then debuted her impression of a confused Dolezal, complete with a voluminous wig, as Seth Meyers repeated the straightforward questions of the Spokane, Wash., reporter who asked Dolezal about her ethnicity.
“I think America really missed out,” said Rudolph. “I’m so glad I brought my Rachel Dolezal wig — I always keep it in my purse.”
Watch the video below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day