- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Maya Rudolph’s NBC variety show project has a guest lineup and an airdate.
The Saturday Night Live alum returns to the network with The Maya Rudolph Show special, which will air Monday, May 19 at 10 p.m. PT/ET on NBC, which also serves as a test run as the network toys with a series order.
The Maya Rudolph Show will revisit “the classic variety show format” and counts several SNL alum on the bill: Andy Samberg, Fred Armisen and Chris Parnell. Others on the lineup include Kristen Bell, Craig Robinson and Sean Hayes, with musicians Janelle Monae and Raphael Saadiq, the latter serving as bandleader.
Rudolph, David Javerbaum, Erin David and Dave Becky serve as producers, with Lorne Michaels as executive producer. Universal Television is behind the special.
Rudolph most recently starred in NBC’s Up All Night comedy and prior to that was a regular SNL castmember for more than a decade, earning a 2012 Emmy nomination or a guest actress in a comedy series. On the big screen, she was part of the Bridesmaids ensemble, also appearing in The Way Way Back, Away We Go and Grown Ups. This marks Rudolph’s return to the sketch comedy space she has become known for.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day