- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Muñoz has signed an overall deal with the producing arm of the Disney-owned cable outlet. Under the pact, she’ll develop content via her newly formed Apogee Films Inc. while continuing to work on Mayans MC, where she was recently promoted to co-EP.
“Debra has emerged as one of the brightest writers and producers in the industry and FX was fortunate to have her on the writing staff of Mayans MC since its inception,” said Nick Grad, president of original programming at FX. “We look forward to collaborating with her for new projects that draw on her enormous talents.”
A first-generation Mexican American and L.A. native, Muñoz worked in film development at the start of her career before transitioning to TV. She worked on the first two seasons of HBO’s Westworld before joining the writing staff of Sons of Anarchy spinoff Mayans MC in 2018. She became a producer on season three, which aired earlier this year, and will be a co-exec producer on the show’s fourth season.
Muñoz was also named to the 2019 Black List for her feature script Refuge, about a brother and sister navigating the perils of both man and nature through Central America to find safety in the United States. She is repped by Grandview and Gang Tyre.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day