- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
TORONTO — Listen for the boom: Oscar-nominated actress Meg Tilly (Agnes of God, The Big Chill) is starring in Bomb Girls, the Canadian drama from Muse Entertainment and Back Alley Films to shoot in Toronto this Fall.
The 6-part drama about women at work in a Second World War bomb factory will see Tilly in the lead role of a supervisor with two sons on the war front.
Also joining the Bomb Girls cast is Jodi Balfour, Charlotte Hegele, Ali Liebert (Hellcats), Anastasia Philips (Skins), Lisa Norton and Antonio Cupo, who plays an Italian-born factory worker banned from the army owing to his ethnic background.
Bomb Girls will shoot in Toronto from September 12 to November 16, 2011, ahead of a debut on Global Television in January.
Series showrunners Michael MacLennan and Adrienne Mitchell jointly created Bomb Girls, and share executive producer credits with Muse’s Michael Prupas (The Kennedys) and Janis Lundman of Back Alley Films.
The series will be directed by Mitchell, Ken Girotti (Rescue Me, Law & Order: Criminal Intent) and Anne Wheeler.
Muse Distribution International is selling Bomb Girls internationally.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day