- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Megan Mullally has joined Fox’s Breaking In as a new series regular for the second season.
The Will & Grace vet will play the new boss of Contra Security, which was headed by Christian Slater‘s Oz in its freshman season. She first appers in the season premiere. Production on the half-hour workplace comedy is expected to begin in January.
Fox brought back the Adam F. Goldberg series from Sony TV for a second season earlier this year after entertainment chief Kevin Reilly said at the Television Critics Assoc. press tour that he was liked Breaking In but had too many series and not enough slots to fill in the schedule. Fox had initially canceled Breaking In after seven episodes.
“We all liked Breaking In,” Reilly said at the time. “We had a very passionate group of producers and actors who wanted to try to keep it going … It still has a shot. They’ve agreed to extend an option, so we’ve kept it alive. You know what? Stranger things have happened.”
Mullally joins a main cast that includes Slater, Bret Harrison, Michael Rosenbaum, Alphonso McAuley and Odette Annable, who is also a series regular on the net’s medical drama House. Annable will appear on both series.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day