- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Robin Thede is staffing up her Warner Bros. TV-based production company.
The Emmy-nominated creator of A Black Lady Sketch Show has recruited Meghan Cheek to serve as vp development at her L.A.-based For Better or Words banner.
Cheek, who comes to the company after serving as director of film and TV development for GRLBND Media, will be charged with developing original content with a focus on diverse, emerging and female voices. Before GRLBND Media, Cheek had development roles at Spyglass Media Group and Saturday Night Live.
Thede’s For Better or Words is dedicated to subverting traditional narratives of underserved voices. In addition to HBO’s A Black Lady Sketch Show, Thede and Cheek are developing other projects across all genres that showcase a diversity of experiences and cultures via the production company’s overall deal with Warner Bros. TV.
Thede inked a multiyear overall deal with the WarnerMedia-backed studio in August. It’s her first overall deal. Thede serves as showrunner and writer on A Black Lady Sketch Show, which returns for its second season on April 23 on HBO.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day