- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Melanie Lynskey is returning to the small screen.
The 10-episode anthology weaves together characters and themes from King’s novels, featuring the mysterious town of Castle Rock. The psychological-horror series combines the mythological scale and intimate character storytelling of King’s works, weaving a saga of darkness and light, played out on a few square miles of Maine woodland.
Lynskey will play Molly Strand, a woman with a rare medical condition who’s barely scraping by as a real estate agent in a town where every third property is the site of someone’s worst nightmare.
She joins a cast that includes Andre Holland, Sissy Spacek and Jane Levy.
In addition to her acclaimed role in the Duplass brothers’ HBO comedy Togetherness, Lynskey is known for her roles in Up in the Air, Heavenly Creatures and Two and a Half Men.
Sam Shaw and Dustin Thomason (Manhattan) developed the Warner Bros. Television drama for TV and executive produce alongside Abrams and his Bad Robot topper Ben Stephenson and Liz Glotzer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day