- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“I’m alright,” wrote the 47-year-old Little House on the Prairie actress, who hit her head on the ballroom floor during her Paso Doble. “Mild concussion and whiplash. Very soon I will be safely home resting and being taken care of.”
Gilbert also gave thanks to partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy, who joined her at the hospital, and fellow competitor Gavin DeGraw.
“@MaksimC you are my champion. I adore you,” she wrote. “@GavinDeGraw bless your heart for carrying me down those stairs!”
Dancing With the Stars host Tom Bergeron acknowledged Gilbert’s departure at the end of Monday’s episode before her cast mates helped piece the events together backstage.
Though Gilbert has not commented further on the matter, the rest of the top 10 will return to the broadcast during Tuesday’s results show where ABC will further address the incident that sent her the hospital.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day