- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
ABC Family has found its first 100-episode comedy in Melissa & Joey.
The comedy, about a politician (Melissa Joan Hart) and her manny (Joey Lawrence), has had its third season expanded to 20 episodes and been renewed for a fourth season, the cable network announced Tuesday.
“One-hundred episodes is a great accomplishment for any series, and we are thrilled to give Melissa & Joey the opportunity to achieve this milestone, as they’ve delivered hundreds and hundreds of laughs over the seasons,” said Kate Juergens, executive vp programming and development at ABC Family.
The third season will premiere Wednesday, May 29, at 8 p.m., leading in to Baby Daddy, with the second half of the newly ordered episodes set to air in 2014.
The series, from EPs Bob Young and David Kendall, Paula Hart, Melissa Joan Hart and Lawrence, ranks as ABC Family’s highest comedy debut ever among total viewers. Its second season ranked as the series best among adults 18-49, women 18-34 and total viewers 12-34.
A decision on the future of Bunheads is expected in the coming weeks after ABC Family has reviewed its summer programming fare, which also includes Baby Daddy, as well as freshmen The Fosters and Twisted.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day