- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Melissa Leo is headed to the hospital for CBS.
The Oscar winner has joined the cast of the network’s medical drama pilot LFE, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
See more The Faces of Pilot Season 2015
The drama is described as a high-octane medical procedural centering on second-year residents at New York City’s top hospital as they attempt to balance their god complexes with their humanity.
Leo will play Julie, an attending physician in the surgical wing and a den mother to the second-year residents. She joins a cast that includes Anya Kayne as Mae, a lovable everygirl; Annie Funke as Chelsi, a genius resident; and Daniel Sharman as Joe, a goodhearted and talented surgical resident.
Read more TV Pilots 2015: The Complete Guide
Paul Downs Colaizzo will pen the script and executivr produce the CBS Television Studios drama alongside Dan Jinks, David Marshall Grant and David Slade, the latter of whom will direct the pilot.
Leo, who next stars in Fox’s limited series Wayward Pines, counts The Fighter, Frozen River and Emmy-winning guest turn in Louie, as well as Emmy-nominated role in Mildred Pierce. She’s repped by CAA and Untitled.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day