- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Saturday night’s episode, which featured Lady Antebellum as the musical guest, averaged a 5.2 rating/13 share in the metered-market households.
That marked a 2 percent increase over last week’s Alec Baldwin-hosted season premiere, which pulled in a 5.1/13. It also was a 4 percent improvement in the 25 markets with Local People Meters (2.7/12 vs. 2.6/12).
Compared to the same night a year ago, SNL was 8 percent in the metered-market households (5.2/13 vs. 4.8/12) and also up 8 percent in the Local People Meters markets (2.7/12 vs. 2.5/11).
McCarthy won an Emmy last month for her role on CBS’ Mike & Molly. She also drew acclaim for her scene-stealing role in this year’s surprise hit movie Bridesmaids.
Among her SNL skits was one in which she sexually harasses the co-worker (Jason Sudeikis) she has a crush on by humping and making out with a balloon animal she says he sent her.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day