- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The cable network has given series orders to reality projects revolving both TV personalities, with Melissa and Tye: A New Reality and I Love Jennie set to join CMT’s lineup starting in April.
Half-hour episodes of Melissa and Tye will revolve around Rycroft, a former Dallas Cowboys cheerleader-turned-TV host as she embarks on her biggest journey yet — moving to L.A. and pursuing her Hollywood dreams while navigating the demands of a long-distance relationship with her husband Tye Strickland.
Ryan Seacrest will executive produce through his Ryan Seacrest Productions with CMT’s Jayson Dinsmore and Eliot Goldberg on board to oversee for the network.
I Love Jennie, meanwhile, will feature the former actress and mother of three as she returns to country life and moves her family to a seven-acre farm in the countryside of Central California.
From Electus, Ben Silverman and Jimmy Fox will executive produce the half-hour series, with 5×5 EPs Rick Ringbakk and Craig Armstrong. Produced by Facinelli Films with Garth, her husband Peter Facinelli (Twilight, Nurse Jackie) and Rob de Franco on board to exec produce. Dinsmore and Goldberg will oversee for CMT.
Both series will bow in April.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day