- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Meet the new boss on “The Mentalist.”
Aunjanue Ellis has joined the cast of the sophomore CBS drama in a recurring role.
She will play the beautiful but tough new head of the CaliforniaBureau of Investigation who is installed after the resignation of theunit’s former chief, Virgil Minelli, played by Gregory Itzin. (Itzinrecently signed on to return to “24,” reprising his role as formerPresident Charles Logan.)
She is brought in to restore discipline and morale to the divisionafter the murder of three agents, including Agent Sam Bosco (TerryKinney), and will be the new supervisor of Agent Teresa Lisbon (RobinTunney).
The series revolves around Lisbon’s team and the help they get from independent consultant Patrick Jane (Simon Baker).
Ellis’ debut on “Mentalist” is tentatively slated for April.
The actress, who appeared in “The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3,” recentlyco-starred on Broadway in “Joe Turner’s Come and Gone,” by AugustWilson, and wrapped the action film “Game of Death.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day