- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The band known for the hit “Enter Sandman” is about to assist a talk show host in preparing his exit.
“We’ll be playing on @LateLateShowCBS for an entire week starting Monday, November 17th! #LateLateShow,” the band posted on Oct. 29.
The performances help mark the 10th-anniversary reissue of the Metallica documentary Some Kind of Monster, which will be available on Nov. 24 as a digital release and on Blu-ray.
The band’s residency comes as Ferguson is nearing the end of his late-night CBS run. He took over from Craig Kilborn as host of the show in January 2005, and his final episode is set to air on a yet-to-be-announced date in December. James Corden will grab the reins in March 2015.
Booking musical acts for weeklong stints has become somewhat trendy for late-night shows, as the Foo Fighters had such a gig on the Late Show earlier this month.
— Metallica (@Metallica) October 29, 2014
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Fien Print
The Last of Us
Tyler James Williams
The Duffer Brothers