- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Michael Bolton may be headed to ABC.
The Grammy-winning singer will star in a half-hour comedy, Michael Bolton’s Daughter Is Destroying My Life, that the network is developing from an idea by Go On star Allison Miller, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. Bolton would play a fictionalized version of himself.
The Tagline/Universal Cable Productions project is said to be loosely based on Miller’s experiences with celebrities when she first moved to Los Angeles. Destroying My Life revolves around a young writer who lands a job spearheading social media for Bolton.
30 Rock and How I Met Your Mother‘s Tami Sagher will pen the comedy as well as executive produce with Willie Mercer, Ron West, J.B. Roberts and Kelly Kulchak. Bolton will serve as co-executive producer, with Miller (Kings, Terra Nova) as a producer.
Bolton was a contestant on ABC’s long-running Dancing With the Stars in season 11, placing 11th, and took part in the Saturday Night Live digital short Jack Sparrow with Andy Samberg that has more than 91 million views on YouTube since May 2011.
If Destroying My Life moves forward, it could potentially join the network’s Don’t Trust the B—- in Apt 23, which features James Van Der Beek as a heightened version of himself.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day