- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Nike is releasing 1,500 pairs of the shoes on eBay, with proceeds to benefit the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research. A pair was auctioned off in L.A. Thursday night for $37,500.
“This brings together three populations of major Joneses,” Fox told Letterman, “the sneakerheads, the Back to the Future people, who, believe me, are out of their minds… in a good way! Thank God for them. And the people in the Parkinson’s community who have an interest in research.”
Fox then also confirmed that the co-founder of Google, Sergey Brin, was going to match up to $50 million of the proceeds raised through 2012 for research.
Fox also discussed Charlie Sheen, who replaced him on Spin City.
“He worked and I got paid,” he joked. “He was great and I feel bad for all his troubles now.”
When Letterman quipped that Sheen was “all out there winning,” Fox agreed: “That’s a straightforward argument to me. He’s winning, and that’s fine, and I have no judgment about that… I wish Charlie all the best, and I wish Ashton all the best.
He then joked: “Show business. We’re all here because we’re not all there.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day