- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Keith Olbermann has tapped filmmaker Michael Moore and comedian Richard Lewis as contributors for his upcoming Current TV program, the network said Wednesday.
Additionally, documentary filmmaker Ken Burns (Baseball, The Civil War), Daily Kos founder Markos Moulitsas and Nicole D. Lamoureux, executive director of the National Association of Free Clinics, will also be regular contributors to the new Countdown, which premieres at 8 p.m. June 20.
“I’m delighted and honored that so many of my friends — who are not coincidentally among the top progressive and entertainment voices in the country today — will be joining me as contributors to Countdown on Current,” Olbermann said. “I hope these talented individuals, and the others we are to announce in these weeks before the premiere on June 20 will give viewers a sense of the strength and depth of the franchise we’re assembling.”
Moore was a frequent guest on Olbermann’s MSNBC show. But he has since made headlines by denouncing the Obama administration’s decision to kill Osama bin Laden in a clandestine nighttime raid on the Al Qaeda founder’s compound in Pakistan.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day