- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Suits is welcoming the most decorated Olympian of all time.
In the midseason premiere, airing in the first quarter of 2014, hotshot lawyer Harvey Specter (Gabriel Macht) comes face to face with the one sports client he could never land, Phelps.
Phelps’ love for Suits has been no secret, with the retired swimmer naming the show one of his favorites (along with Game of Thrones and SportsCenter). In late July, the former Olympian called the current season “awesooommeee!!!” on Twitter. His tweets caught the eye of USA, who then got the ball rolling on incorporating Phelps in the show.
In 2008, Phelps appeared as himself in an episode of Entourage and hosted Saturday Night Live. He recently appeared in the Golf Channel show, The Haney Project: Michael Phelps, where he worked on his golf game.
Phelps is the latest Olympian to drop by their favorite TV shows following the 2012 London Games. Missy Franklin appeared on Pretty Little Liars; Gabrielle Douglas had a role on The Vampire Diaries; Ryan Lochte did a stint on 90210 and McKayla Maroney guest-starred on Hart of Dixie.
Suits airs on Tuesdays at 10 p.m. on USA Network, wrapping up the first 10 episodes of the season on Sept. 17.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Flight Attendant