- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Exclu: Syfy found a way to make its Debbie Gibson-vs.-Tiffany movie a little more weird: adding a Monkee. Micky Dolenz, a member of the popular made-for-TV 1960s group the Monkees, has been added to the cast of Syfy’s “Mega Python vs. Gatoroid,” in which 1980s pop stars Gibson and Tiffany have been cast as dueling rivals.
Dolenz’s post-Monkees career has included directing for TV and theater. He most recently appeared in Rob Zombie’s remake of “Halloween.”
“Mega Python” is produced by The Asylum and is about to start production.
In other casting news, Illeana Douglas will appear on HBO’s “Entourage” this season. She will play the sister of Ari Gold’s wife in a later episode of the hit show, with the possibility of returning during the Season 8.
In recent years, Douglas has appeared in episodes of “Ugly Betty,” “Law & Order: SVU” and “Six Feet Under,” though she is best known for her work in such movies as “Cape Fear” and “Stir of Echoes.”
Also, Ruta Gedmintas (“The Tudors”) has been cast as Ursula in the Showtime series “The Borgias,” opposite Jeremy Irons. The APA- and United Agents-repped actress will play a young abused wife who falls in love with the Irons character’s son.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Thomas Brodie Sangster