- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Mike Myers returned to the Tonight Show on Monday as his character Dr. Evil to announce he was running for Congress.
Interrupting host Jimmy Fallon’s show, Myers appeared in character, laughing maniacally. “Dr. Evil, is that you?” Fallon asked. “No, it’s white Cory Booker,” Myers responded.
When asked why he’d be running for public office, Myers responded, “It’s 2018, evil’s in right now. It’s hip. It’s like playing Fortnite while slamming a Tide pod and doing the Shiggy challenge.”
Myers then conceded that he was “originally hoping for Brett Kavanaugh’s job,” but “Trump said I was too even-tempered for that.”
?Fallon asked Dr. Evil what state he was running in, considering that he lives in a secret lair inside of a volcano. Myers divulged, “I do, but it’s in Rhode Island.”
When asked if he was running as a Democrat or Republican, Myers responded, “Neither, I’m running as an Eviltarian. Our ultimate goal is to make America evil again.” He held up a red hat with the slogan emblazoned on it.
He then laid out his “five-point evil plan,” which included such steps as making only one flavor of Pringles available and appointing Donald Trump Jr. as secretary of the treasury because the “guy’s made of dough.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day