- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NBC’s military drama has found its leading man.
Under the Dome grad Mike Vogel is set to topline the network’s pilot For God and Country, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The drama is a heart-pounding look into the complex world of the bravest military heroes who make personal sacrifices while executing the most challenging and dangerous missions behind enemy lines.
Vogel will star as Michael Dalton, the commander of the ISA-special operations group who is responsible for getting back a kidnapped American doctor. The character will do whatever it takes to make sure no foreign nation gets away with harming Americans. The project’s theme hits close to home for Vogel as both of his grandfathers fought in World War II.
Feature scribe Dean Georgaris is set to pen the script and executive produce the Universal Television drama alongside Keshet’s Avi Nir, Peter Graugott and Rachel Kaplan.
For Vogel, the casting brings him back into the Universal Television fold following an arc on the studio’s A&E drama Bates Motel. His credits also include Childhood’s End, Pan Am, Miami Medical and Grounded for Life. He is repped by Gersh and GEF Entertainment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day