- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
In a crowded weekend, how did Mildred Pierce and The Borgias do?
The finale of HBO’s miniseries Mildred Pierce, which stars Kate Winslet, Guy Pearce, Evan Rachel Wood and Melissa Leo, averaged 964,000 viewers on Sunday night.
That number — which included viewership for Parts 4 and 5 — was down from the 1.3 million viewers that the mini drew in its March 27 premiere.
However, HBO pointed out that across all platforms, including DVR and HBO on Demand, Mildred Pierce has an average audience of 4.1 million viewers to date, nearly tripling its premiere night audience.
The second week of Showtime’s The Borgias slipped in the ratings Sunday, drawing 983,000 total viewers.
For the first-run episode at 10 p.m., the Jeremy Irons-starrer averaged 683,000 versus 1.06 million from the two-hour series debut. At 11 p.m., Borgias tacked on 300,000.
The decline is comparable to other freshmen series launches; Showtime’s Dexter saw a dip of 31 percent while HBO’s Boardwalk Empire also slipped 31 percent from the first week to the second.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day