- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
There are certainly worse people to be mistaken for.
Kaling was at a New Yorker Festival party at the Trump SoHo New York hotspot Boom Boom Room when a drunk man in his 80s said to her, “Congratulations on your Nobel Prize.” He told her he was impressed by how well she had recovered from Taliban gunfire.
Kaling was shocked and, once the man had walked away, turned to someone else who had witnessed the exchange. “Did he really think I’m Malala?” the Mindy Project star asked, adding: “And that if I were, I’d be at the Boom Boom Room?”
Yousafzai, a Pakistani student activist who survived a Taliban assassination attempt at age 14, won the Nobel Prize earlier this month. Director Davis Guggenheim is working on a documentary about her life.
“That’s the best thing that’s happened all night,” Kaling continued about the awkward conversation.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Fien Print