- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Rebecca Rittenhouse (The Mindy Project, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood) will play the title character in the pilot from Disney’s 20th Television and writers Maggie Mull and Justin Adler (Life in Pieces). The pilot is based on a 2019 short film, also called Maggie, by Tim Curcio.
The potential series will follow Maggie as she comes to terms with her psychic abilities and a life where she can see everyone’s future but her present is a mess. Her gift means she receives a pummeling assault of energy from everyone around her, and thus has put up emotional walls to protect herself. Underneath it, however, she’s a romantic who just wants to live her version of a normal life.
Rittenhouse played Michelle Phillips in Quentin Tarantino’s Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. She recurred on the final two seasons of The Mindy Project and starred in Hulu’s Four Weddings and a Funeral limited series. Other credits include Fox’s Red Band Society, ABC’s Blood and Oil and guest roles on Suits and The Handmaid’s Tale. She is repped by ICM Partners, Rogue Management and Hansen Jacobson.
Mull and Adler are executive producing Maggie with Evan Hayes and Jeff Morton.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day