- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Adam Pally wasn’t out of work for long. The Happy Endings actor, who booked a recurring gig on Fox’s The Mindy Project in the wake of the former series’ cancelation, has already been upped to series regular.
PHOTOS: THR Goes On Set With The Mindy Project
A rep for studio NBCUniversal confirms to The Hollywood Reporter that Pally has joined the ranks of full-time actors on the Mindy Kaling comedy, making him the third player to get such a promotion since the series’ premiere. Beth Grant and Ike Barinholtz were previously made regulars was the series made several adjustments during its freshman season.
Pally, who played Max Blum for three seasons on ABC’s fan favorite Happy Endings, will fill the shoes of current guest James Franco after he departs. He’ll play Peter Prentiss, a new ob-gyn at the series’ central medical practice.
Pally is repped by CAA and 3 Arts Entertainment. He’ll his first appearance in the Oct. 1 episode of The Mindy Project.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
‘The Idol’ Stars Defend Controversial Show: “We Always Knew We Were Going to Make Something Provocative”
‘Sex and the City’ Star Evan Handler Says Kim Cattrall’s Cameo in ‘And Just Like That’ Is “Great”
RuPaul's Drag Race
Drag Superstars Trixie and Katya on World of Wonder Series ‘UNHhhh’: “This Show Demystifies Drag”
Kristen Welker Named New Moderator of NBC’s ‘Meet the Press’ as Chuck Todd Set to Exit the Program