- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Adam Pally wasn’t out of work for long. The Happy Endings actor, who booked a recurring gig on Fox’s The Mindy Project in the wake of the former series’ cancelation, has already been upped to series regular.
A rep for studio NBCUniversal confirms to The Hollywood Reporter that Pally has joined the ranks of full-time actors on the Mindy Kaling comedy, making him the third player to get such a promotion since the series’ premiere. Beth Grant and Ike Barinholtz were previously made regulars was the series made several adjustments during its freshman season.
Pally, who played Max Blum for three seasons on ABC’s fan favorite Happy Endings, will fill the shoes of current guest James Franco after he departs. He’ll play Peter Prentiss, a new ob-gyn at the series’ central medical practice.
Pally is repped by CAA and 3 Arts Entertainment. He’ll his first appearance in the Oct. 1 episode of The Mindy Project.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day