- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The former Fox comedy has enlisted comedian Fortune Feimster for a recurring role, producers announced Sunday during their panel at the Television Critics Association’s summer press tour.
Feimster — who recently starred in a semi-autobiographical comedy that narrowly missed a series pickup at ABC — will recur and play a nurse and the sister of Garret Dillahunt‘s Jody. Dillahunt will play a doctor who takes over for Mindy (Mindy Kaling) while she goes on maternity leave. His character is a Southern gentleman with traditional values who believes Mindy a bit of an idiot.
Feimster joins a season four cast that also includes Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Mindy’s husband in the season four premiere, which is poised to be a Sliding Doors-type installment. That episode will also feature Freida Pinto as Danny’s (Chris Messina) love interest.
The Mindy Project season four — which will follow a three-act structure at Hulu rather than Fox’s four — debuts Sept. 15 on Hulu, with new episodes bowing weekly.
Feimster’s credits include Chelsea Lately, Fox’s Cabot College, Glee, Mulaney, Workaholics and 2 Broke Girls, is repped by Gersh and Truhett/Garcia.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day