- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Mindy Project remains a work in progress.
The freshman Fox comedy, picked up for a super-sized 24-episode season, will see a small cast shake-up in the new year when regular Amanda Setton departs the series and Anna Camp is bumped to recurring. Confirmed by a Fox rep to The Hollywood Reporter, the news was first reported by TVLine.
Camp co-starred in the series’ pilot, playing the best friend to star Mindy Kaling‘s romantically challenged OB/GYN. Camp’s new arrangement will allow the popular actress — she recently appeared in Pitch Perfect and The Help — to pursue other work while continuing to appear on the series.
Setton was a late addition to the cast, joining Stephen Tobolowsky and Ike Barinholtz in July. Her character, receptionist Shauna, is said to be leaving for creative reasons.
The show is now casting a new recurring female character, described as a college friend of Mindy’s, with the potential for becoming a series regular.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day