- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Miura and Elpis producer Ayumi Sano (My Dear Exes, Quartet) will introduce the premiere at the Cannes Grand Auditorium on Tuesday, Oct. 18, and take part in a post-screening Q&A.
In the series, Miura plays Cherry, a television market-up artist who gets involved in an investigation into false death row convictions that exposes a state-wide conspiracy and cover-up. Inspired by real events, the series also stars Masami Nagasawa, Gordon Maeda and Ryohei Suzuki.
Commercial network Kansai TV produced Elpis and will present the series at MIPCOM together with organizers MIPCOM RX France. The series will be the first Asian World Premiere at MIPCOM since the coronavirus pandemic.
“Though it deals with a serious issue, Elpis has darkly comedic dialogue along with a plot that will pack an emotional punch for viewers,” says Kansai TV executive managing director Miho Okada. “We are very proud what the amazing production team and performers have created, and to share it first in Cannes with our global industry is a privilege. We believe it is a show that will surprise in Japan and internationally this Fall.”
MIPCOM is hoping this year’s event, which runs Oct.17-20, will mark a major post-pandemic comeback for the TV trade market.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
saturday night live