- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Super Movers is based on the four blue-suited musicians based in New Orleans, Rich Collins, Scott Durbin, Dave Poche and Scott Smith, who hosted the live-action Disney Junior series over three seasons from 2008.
Ahead of MIPCOM, Canadian animation studio 9 Story Entertainment, which recently attracted a strategic investment from a private equity firm, is prepping the animated TV series targeting the pre-school audience.
The animated series will see their rock ‘n’ roller characters given superpowers. The Imagination Movers band more recently has hosted a traveling live stage show.
“They are tremendously talented and have a truly global fan base,” said Natalie Dumoulin, vp creative affairs for 9 Story, in a statement about the Movers, whose Disney series aired in 55 countries.
9 Story, which has acquired the family catalogue of rival CCI Entertainment, is best known for globally distributed animated series like Almost Naked Animals, Camp Lakebottom and Nerds and Monsters.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day