- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Entertainment One (eOne) has closed multiple sales for the second season of action procedural Ransom, inking deals for more than 100 territories worldwide.
The show, which airs on CBS in the U.S. and Global in Canada, follows Luke Roberts as expert hostage negotiator Eric Beaumont as he leads a team around the world helping multinational corporations and government agencies with crisis situations and conflict resolution.
Among the networks picking up the series’ second season are NBCUniversal for its channels in the U.K. and Ireland, Foxtel for Australia, Sony for Central and Eastern Europe, AMC Networks for Spain and Portugal and Turner for its Nordic channels. Asian-based streamer Iflix grabbed Ransom rights for its services in Africa and the Middle East.
Ransom was created by David Vainola (Combat Hospital) and Frank Spotnitz (The Man in the High Castle) as an Canadian-Hungarian co-production. eOne is producing the show with Sienna Films’ Jennifer Kawaja and Julia Sereny executive producing alongside Spotnitz, via his Big Light Productions banner. Wildcats Productions’ Valerie Pechels and Odile McDonald and Daniel Kresmery and Gyorgy Rajnai of Hungary’s Korda Studios are co-producing.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day