- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The executive will oversee the group’s three French production companies — Air Productions, Banijay Productions France and H20 — as well as the CanalSat channel Non-Stop People, a joint venture with Mediatic System. De Brugada, who joined the group at its launch in 2008, most recently served as COO of Banijay Group.
Banijay produces France’s longest-running game show Tout le Monde Veut Prendre sa Place, including the local versions of Don’t Forget the Lyrics and The Weakest Link, as well as the daily panel show Touche Pas a Mon Poste.
“France is now a very important part of our business that we want to invest in growing further,” said Banijay CEO Marco Bassetti. “There is a lot more that can be achieved with the right leadership in place. … We will develop more opportunities for the group as a whole.”
Added de Brugada: “We now have the critical size to extend to new slots, new genres and new clients. We will also focus on delivering to the group and the rest of the world some big bold new formats.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day