- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
German network RTL has picked up local adaptation rights to British unscripted crime series Suspects and will produce a German-language version of the show.
Currently in its fifth season on Channel 5 in the U.K., Suspects, produced by FremantleMedia U.K.’s Newman Street, is a crime procedural that uses the fly-on-the-wall and improvisational style of reality TV. UFA Serial Drama will produce the German version of the series.
The RTL deal is FremantleMedia’s first global commission for Suspects, which is shopping the series as a drama format to broadcasters at international TV market MIPCOM in Cannes this week.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
‘Dave’ Breakout Tenea Intriago on Playing a Stalker Opposite Brad Pitt and Finding Humanity in Villains
‘Dear Mama’ Director Allen Hughes on Tupac Shakur’s Legacy: “He Lived More in a Day Than Most in a Year”
Kaley Cuoco and Chris Messina Couldn’t Stop Laughing While Filming ‘Based on a True Story’: “We Drove People Crazy”
Guest Column: ‘Mind Over Murder’ Director on How a Play Swayed Opinion Over a Murder