- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It looks like Shondaland has yet another series to rule the world.
The Catch, the latest drama from Shondaland’s prolific exec producing team Shonda Rhimes and Betsy Beers (How to Get Away With Murder, Scandal, Grey’s Anatomy) has already sold out in most of the world, with Disney Media Distribution closing deals in 186 territories, including most of Europe, Asia and Africa.
The series stars Mireille Enos as a forensics accountant whose career specialty is exposing fraud for a living. But she becomes the victim of fraud herself, thanks to her fiance. Jennifer Schuur, a producer on Hannibal and Hostages, created the series and will also executive produce. ABC Studios produced The Catch, which will air in the U.S. on ABC.
Shondaland series have been among the most successful global dramas of the last decade, with Grey’s Anatomy attracting more than 30 million global viewers, according to Disney’s figures, and with more than 20 million turning in to How to Get Away with Murder, starring the Emmy-winning actress Viola Davis.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day