- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A local version of DIY Network’s Kitchen Crashers is headed to Poland’s TVN Group as part of the first major content deal after Scripps Networks Interactive’s acquisition of a controlling stake in the Polish networks operator.
TVN also secured the rights to air other original series from Scripps, led by CEO Kenneth Lowe, like House Crashers and Rehab Addict on TVN Style, Backroad Gold on TVN Turbo, and Hotel Impossible on TTV.
The format deal will see TVN create a Polish version of Kitchen Crashers, to be hosted by local TV renovation guru Dorota Szelagowska and to debut on TVN Style in spring 2016.
Szelagowska will visit home improvement stores to find unsuspecting Polish shoppers and offer to transform their old kitchens into flashy work spaces over one weekend. The ninth season of Kitchen Crashers on DIY Networks is in production ahead of an early 2016 bow.
Scripps Networks International distributes seven lifestyle brands, namely HGTV, Food Network, Travel Channel, DIY Network, Cooking Channel, Fine Living and Asian Food Channel, in around 180 countries and territories across Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific, Latin America and the Caribbean.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day