- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The companies will work together to develop international formats for global broadcasters, with ITVS GE immediately taking two of CJ E&M’s formats to U.K. broadcasters and CJ E&M doing the same for its family of channels in S. Korea.
The deal was signed by ITVS GE managing director Maria Kyriacou and EM C&J CEO Deok Jae Lee.
CJ E&M will take ITV’s observational, tech-driven comedy The Secret Life of Students and the romance format Come Date with Me.
ITVS GE will take CJ E&M’s celebrity gaming show From Start to Clear and competition show The Genius Game, which sees a variety of players, from students to CEOs, competed in strategy games.
“ITVS GE is one of the UK and Europe’s foremost format creators and distributors, while CJ E&M is a leading formats player in Korea. This agreement will give us the chance to extend our formats into each other’s markets, in order to achieve even greater global success for both companies,” said Kyriacou.
Added Lee: “Korea and the UK are two of the most creative territories for formats internationally, but this is the first time that producer-distributors from both countries have worked together in this way. It is an exciting opportunity for us to exchange fresh ideas and present them to new audiences in our respective regions.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day