- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Dutch are going back to sex school.
The Netherlands commercial broadcaster RTL5 has commissioned a local-language version of Sex Academy, a reality show format originally from Denmark in which eight couples take very practical lessons on sex education.
Originated by TV2 in Denmark, the format was adapted by Cuarzo Producciones in Spain for the Mediaset-owned Cuatro network as Academia del Sexo. The Dutch version of Sex Academy is set to launch later this year on RTL5 as an initial 7 x 60-minute season.
“It tackles an often off-limits subject in an honest and engaging way,” said Sebastian Burkhardt, head of sales at Banijay International, which is selling the Sex Academy format internationally and which coordinated the deal with RTL5. “The Netherlands is at the forefront of envelope-pushing programming trends and we think the local audience will respond well to this format.”
Banijay will unveil Sex Academy to international buyers at the MIPTV television market in Cannes in April.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day