- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Hot Israeli cooking competition format Game of Chefs has sold to Germany, with commercial network Vox picking up the title from ITV Studios Global Entertainment.
The format was created by The Lab, Reshet’s joint venture with the U.K.’s ITV Studios.
Game of Chefs features three world-renowned chefs as mentors for their assigned teams of culinary contestants. Throughout blind auditions, they sample dishes from amateur and professional cooking talent alike. Following a preliminary boot-camp stage, finalists advance to assembled teams, led by the chefs, which go head-to-head in weekly culinary challenges.
Game of Chefs was a ratings hit when it debuted in Israel in January, averaging a solid 45.8 percent audience share throughout its first season. Reshet has ordered a second season of the show, and a U.K. version is currently in development.
ITV Studios Global Entertainment is handling world sales of the format at MIPTV.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day