- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Brazilian cable broadcaster GNT is the latest international broadcaster to sample The Taste, with parent company GloboSat taking local adaptation rights to the cooking show format from Germany’s Red Arrow International.
GNT will be the first Latin-American network to air the reality format, with a Portuguese-language version planned to go on air in 2015.
The Taste has been one of the best-selling new formats to hit the international TV market in the past few years. Red Arrow has sold the show to more than 80 territories worldwide, with ABC airing The Taste in the U.S., CTV carrying it in Canada, a British version airing on Channel 4 and M6 broadcasting a French version.
Red Arrow subsidiary Kinetic Content developed The Taste, in which culinary experts coach separate teams of cooks, picking their chefs based on the taste of their dishes alone. The coaches on the U.S. version include Nigella Lawson and Anthony Bourdain.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day