- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
CANNES – German commercial giant ProSiebenSat.1 has picked up Got to Dance, Shine Group’s dancing competition reality show, and will produce a local-language version of the format to be produced by Shine’s German production offices.
The original version of Got to Dance, in which dancers of all ages and styles compete before a panel of superstar dancers, airs on Sky1 in the U.K. It is the pay-TV channel’s top-rated entertainment series. The finale of the show’s fourth season drew more than 1.1 million viewers.
Shine has sold the format to some 110 territories worldwide. CBS premiered a U.S. version of the show titled Live to Dance in 2011 but the format was quickly dropped.
In addition to the German deal, which will see Shine Germany produce 6, two-hour episodes of Got to Dance, Shine inked a deal for the show with Vietnam’s VT3 network. Local versions of Got to Dance recently bowed in Finland and Romania.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day