- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
ABC is going back to the world of infidelity.
Starring Alyssa Milano, the series ranked as the summer’s No. 2 scripted drama among adults 18-49, behind CBS’ ratings monster Under the Dome.
After initially airing the drama on Mondays at 8 p.m. — in the same time slot as Dome — ABC showed a sign of faith in the summer entry when it moved the series to 9 p.m., where it wouldn’t have to face off with the adaptation of Stephen King‘s best-seller.
Mistresses, from executive producer K.J. Steinberg, is a remake of the British series of the same name, which aired only six episodes. The ABC Studios entry was one of a handful of low-cost originals that the broadcast networks ran this summer in a bid to keep the lights on during the typically low-rated season.
Mistresses joins Under the Dome and NBC’s unscripted game show Hollywood Game Night as summer fare renewed for second seasons.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Next Big Thing
The Morning Show
The Late Show