- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jimmy Kimmel and Guillermo Rodriguez took a ballet lesson from Misty Copeland for the kickoff episode of Jimmy Kimmel Live!‘s “Back to Brooklyn Week” in New York.
In a segment that aired Monday night, the late-night host and sidekick headed to a rehearsal space in Manhattan’s Flatiron District to learn from the American Ballet Theatre breakthrough performer. “When you dance like I do, every ballet is The Nutcracker,” said Kimmel of wearing a tight tutu.
“I don’t want to touch what could be a masterpiece, so I want to see what you guys know,” Copeland told them as Kimmel demonstrated his best knowledge of a plie. Copeland also clarified to the two before they put on pointe shoes, “There is no such thing as a ballerino.”
During Monday’s Brooklyn-set episode, Kimmel and Rodriguez joined Copeland onstage for a performance from Swan Lake with the American Ballet Theatre company.
Watch the video below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day