- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Fox’s The Mob Doctor is adding some muscle.
Goodfellas alum Mike Starr has boarded the freshman drama, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
Starr will recur as Sal, aka the Westside Boss, a wise-guy who’s also a wise-ass who likes to use his course, gritty sense of humor to put others down.
Starr played Frenchy in Martin Scorsese‘s 1990 best picture Academy Award nominee Goodfellas. He also played Tony, the snarky bodyguard to Whitney Houston‘s lead character in 1992’s The Bodyguard. His most recent small-screen credits include episodes of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, The Finder and Best Friends Forever. Starr is repped by Innovative Artists and Wright Entertainment.
Mob Doctor has gotten off to a rough star, most recently sliding 23 percent to score a 1.0 rating in the advertiser-coveted adults 18-49 demographic on Mondays.
The Jordana Spiro and Zach Gilford starrer airs Mondays at 9 p.m. on Fox.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day