- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Matthew Broderick is joining the family.
The Ferris Bueller’s Day Off star will appear in an upcoming episode on Modern Family’s fourth season, ABC announced Friday.
The Tony winner (The Producers) will play a neurotic new friend to Phil (Ty Burrell) on the series, which has already enlisted Bridesmaids‘ Wendi McLendon-Covey and the return of Shelley Long as Jay’s ex for season four.
Broderick most recently appeared as himself in a 2010 episode of FX’s Louie. His small-screen work includes a voice role in an episode of the animated Adventure Time, and episodes of 30 Rock and Frasier.
Broderick’s wife, Sarah Jessica Parker, is also returning to the small screen with a multiple-episode arc on Glee — which, like Modern Family, hails from 20th Television — beginning next week.
Modern Family returns Sept. 26 at 9 p.m. on ABC. An airdate for Broderick’s episode has yet to be determined.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day